[Openmcl-devel] support for International keyboards

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Mon Apr 6 21:42:30 PDT 2009

On Apr 6, 2009, at 11:22 PM, Andrew Shalit wrote:

> We ship with the current mapping (option = meta), but we
> allow people to turn that off, so the option key returns to its normal
> Macintosh purpose, leaving escape as the way to indicate meta.

And give the user an easy way to toggle modes between Mac-option and
meta. If you make it a menu command - something like Toggle Option Key
Mode - then the user could set whatever command key binding she likes
for the toggle switch using the Keyboard Shortcuts pane of the
Keyboard & Mouse Pref Pane. You could make it default to cmd-T as this
is not currently in use in the IDE.  This way you could use both modes
and never have your hands leave the keyboard.

regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.
raffaelcavallaro at mac.com