[Openmcl-devel] Clozure MCL

Andrew Shalit alms at clozure.com
Thu Apr 9 10:18:01 PDT 2009

Hi Janusz --

I guess it depends on what you mean by usable.

Our goal for the current work we're doing on the IDE is to make it
usable, as defined by the people who contributed money.  We talked to
those people and committed to making the improvements they've
requested.  That work is underway.  It isn't being documented in real
time, but you can get a sense of what's happening here: http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/timeline
  .  The current list of planned improvements can be gleaned from the
trac tickets visible here:
http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/query?milestone=Cocoa+IDE+v1&order=priority

While that isn't a full blown commercial development plan, we feel
like it's good progress from where things have been.  Another specific
goal of the current work is to make it easier for users to contribute
improvements to the IDE, as they could to the MCL IDE.

All that said, we agree that there's plenty more work to do.  We'd be
interesting in hearing more about what you'd like to see.  What's the
definition of a stable CCL that you could use for porting your
project?  Feel free to e-mail us, or discuss it on-list, or we could
also set up a time to talk.  We'd be happy to try to incorporate your
feedback into our current round of work, or set up a specific small
contract with you for improvements, or perhaps use a pledge from you
as the starting point for a second round of improvements to the IDE.

Andrew
Clozure Associates