[Openmcl-devel] menu

Arthur W Cater arthur.cater at ucd.ie
Fri Apr 17 06:38:45 PDT 2009

There's easygui:add-topbar-item for adding a menu item to the application menu.
Allowing for keyboard shortcuts for such an item is a ToDo.
There may be issues to do with conflicts between shortcuts.
If you're happy to ignore such problems, making versions for yourself of
easygui:add-topbar-item and easygui:add-menu-item with an extra argument,
and where the third mention of
   ns-nullstring
is replaced with
   (ccl::%make-nsstring <your-shortcut-sequence-goes-here>)
should (I think) allow keyboard shortcuts too.
(look in ccl/examples/cocoa/easygui/views.lisp)
I do not know how you'd put command- or control- keys into these strings,
I'm sure there's a way ...

Arthur