[Openmcl-devel] [babel-devel] Changes

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 05:59:10 PDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Gary Byers <gb at clozure.com> wrote:
> If I understand this much correctly, then I can only say that I didn't
> personally find these arguments persuasive when I was trying to decide
> how CODE-CHAR should behave in CCL a few years ago and don't find them
> persuasive now.

It seems the discussion has run out of steam. Just to conclude it, I
should ask: is it still the case that UTF-8B is not an argument
compelling enough to make you consider a patch changing CODE-CHAR's
behaviour, as well as the various encode- and decode-functions? (Such
a patch would change CODE-CHAR to accept any code point, and deal with
invalid code points explicitely in the UTF encoders and decoders.)

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/