[Openmcl-devel] asdf-install

james anderson james.anderson at setf.de
Thu Apr 23 08:14:13 PDT 2009

On 2009-04-23, at 16:30 , Alexander Repenning wrote:

> I have not been looking at ASDF for a long time. We kept using
> defsystem because, at the time, ASDF did not appear to have a way
> to separate source and binary files, i.e., it tossed them into the
> same folder. I remember reading a piece by the author indicating
> that he was not planning to ever change that. Then again, did not
> somebody create an extension to "fix" this issue?

you can also accomplish this for a given system by specifying an
explicit logical pathname and arranging that your logical host
definition map the binaries differently than the sources.

asdf pays only limited attention to logical pathnames, which means
that the pathnames in restarts are wrong, but this approach suffices
for a clean system build.