[Openmcl-devel] Openmcl-devel Digest, Vol 66, Issue 40

Michael Genesereth genesereth at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 24 10:35:17 PDT 2009

Just downloaded the latest 1.3 x86 64 bit for mac osx.

Good news: parens now blink.

Bad news:

(1) Got an error message because of  a spurious variable in an ignore
declaration in a method.  This was good. The method was defined in a
file /foo/ruleserver.lisp, and I loaded the file with (load "/foo/
ruleserver").

(2) I did meta dot on the method to see the definition and saw a list
of specializations.  I clicked on the appropriate one and got an error
message saying that  "/foo/ruleserver") does not exist.  Indeed, but "/
foo/ruleserver.lisp" does!  Clearly it is not adding the extension.

(3) I closed the resulting error window and double clicked on the
method again, and CCL hung.

I repeated these multiple times.  This all worked fine in 1.2.

mrg