[Openmcl-devel] bad impressions to Lisp newbies

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 16:33:18 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Alexander Repenning
<ralex at cs.colorado.edu> wrote:
> good point but it did not even occur to me to lookup FTP stuff.
> I have to admit, I do find the Clozure site a bit confusing. Often I go in
> circles. I guess I am expecting to see something more like a Sourceforge or
> Google code type of thing including a simple link to a image file via HTTP
> alex
>
> On Apr 24, 2009, at 1:46 AM, Stas Boukarev wrote:
> Isn't this image
> ftp://ftp.clozure.com/pub/release/1.3/clozurecl-1.3-darwinx86.dmg
> working?

I must admit to getting confused on the site as well.  Here are a
couple of things I was thinking about, prompted by Alex's comments:

1.  http://trac.clozure.com:
     (a)  Note that the ffigen project is generating an error today!
     (b)  Why does Clozure CL show up on this list twice?

2.  Could you put a download link on the
"http://www.clozure.com/clozurecl.html" page that points at the
current "valid" 1.3 image (perhaps by platform)?  This might make it
easier for people to find (the Trac page might be confusing for
non-developers).

3.  Could you create a mapping from "http://bugs.clozure.com" to the
Trac bug page?

I'll try to look at some of the examples over the weekend.  Maybe I'll
even manage to fix something :-)

-Brent