[Openmcl-devel] bad impressions to Lisp newbies

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Sat Apr 25 21:32:50 PDT 2009

On Apr 24, 2009, at 7:33 PM, Brent Fulgham wrote:

> 1.  http://trac.clozure.com:
>    (a)  Note that the ffigen project is generating an error today!
>    (b)  Why does Clozure CL show up on this list twice?

The ffigen Trac environment isn't set up.  I just removed it, so the
error shouldn't appear any more.

Clozure CL shows up twice because I want both trac.clozure.com/openmcl
and trac.clozure.com/ccl to work.  I installed a symbolic link to make
that work, so it looks like there are two Trac instances for the same
thing.  I suppose I could have installed a redirect at the web server
level, but I didn't do that.

> 2.  Could you put a download link on the
> "http://www.clozure.com/clozurecl.html" page that points at the
> current "valid" 1.3 image (perhaps by platform)?  This might make it
> easier for people to find (the Trac page might be confusing for
> non-developers).

There are links from http://www.clozure.com/clozurecl.html that go to
the Trac page.

The Trac page (http://trac.clozure.com/ccl) seems pretty clear to me.
There is a table on that page in the section called "Getting Clozure
CL"  that includes links to archives for all the platforms.  Maybe I
should put some animated dancing girls or something next to it so that
it stands out better.

> I'll try to look at some of the examples over the weekend.  Maybe I'll
> even manage to fix something :-)

That'd be great.  If you find bugs, fixes would certainly be welcome.