[Openmcl-devel] broken search files dialog

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Mon Apr 27 09:15:44 PDT 2009

On Apr 26, 2009, at 10:00 PM, Raffael Cavallaro wrote:

> On Apr 26, 2009, at 7:53 PM, Gary Byers wrote:
>
>> If you just type text into the "Find" text field and click on the
>> "Search"
>> button, it seems to search for the empty string.
>
> Right, I discovered this later. Also, if you enter the search string
> and select a directory using the Choose… button, the Find: field keeps
> focus, so it still searches for the empty string.
>
> If, having once searched on the empty string, you change focus to
> another field and then execute the search, Alt Console prints the
> following error and the search progress indicator spins indefinitely
> with no results. the Search Files dialog becomes unusable after this.
> If you want me to open a trac ticket on this let me know:

No need to open a ticket.  I checked in some fixes to the search files
dialog that should cover the trouble you ran into, I hope.

I probably shouldn't have checked in this updated dialog yet, but I
wanted to try it out on my PowerPC system.  I should have made a
private branch instead of using the trunk as my playground.