[Openmcl-devel] Contrib: list-definitions.lisp

Alexander Repenning ralex at cs.colorado.edu
Mon Aug 10 17:52:41 PDT 2009

looks useful, thanks!

some minor issues relevant to large files. I find the list produced
still a bit hard to parse. Some suggestions:

- use smaller font for menu, perhaps same size as hemlock buffer itself?
- in positional mode use indentation if method "belongs" to class
above, e.g.,

(defclass BLA ...

(defmethod m1 ((self bla) ...

(defmethod m2 ((self bla) ...

=>

BLA {class}
    m1
    m2

Perhaps you could use colored mini icons in the pop up to indicate the
type of thing (e.g., class, defun, defmethod... ) similar to the
symbol listing in Xcode

Finally, not sure this is a bug or feature. The list appears to be
incomplete at first. One has to scroll through the entire buffer to
get the complete list. Is this by choice?

all the best,  Alex

On Aug 9, 2009, at 5:13 PM, Glen Foy wrote:

> This code adds a dynamic contextual popup menu to Hemlock.
>
> Control-Click produces an alphabetized listing of the file's
> definitions.  Control-Command-Click produces a positional listing.
>
> If you have a two button mouse, you would just use Right-Click and
> Command-Right-Click, respectively.  (Option-Right-Click produces the
> standard contextual menu.)
>
> www.clairvaux.org/downloads/list-definitions-01b1.zip

Prof. Alexander Repenning

University of Colorado