[Openmcl-devel] Failing to build 64 bit ccl/x86

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue Aug 18 04:38:43 PDT 2009

As described in <http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/wiki/UpdatingFromSource>,
svn doesn't have a good way to resolve the differences between locally
modified binary files (including the ccl kernel/image files) and updated
repository versions; "svn update" generally just flags those files as
containing conflicts that it can't resolve.

Newer versions of "svn" (1.5.x, 1.6.x) generally do a better job of
alerting the user to these conflicts (and offer options for resolving
conflicts during update.)

"svn status" will also show the presence of conflicting files.

"svn revert <file>" will replace the modified local copy of <file> with
the repository version and convince svn that the apparent conflict has
been resolved.