[Openmcl-devel] Why not #"foo" for ns-strings?

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Aug 26 08:42:27 PDT 2009

Ron Garret wrote:
> OK, that plus the ObjC @"foo" syntax is enough to justify sticking
> with #@"foo".  I'll figure out some other way to resolve my conflict
> (maybe try to adapt the package-sensitive readtable from XMLisp).

I don't know if it would help you, Ron, but Tobias Rittweiler and I
developed a portable library for named readtables.  This mimicks a
feature available in Allegro CL that makes it easier to "find" the
readtable you want and put it into play...  Before this my experiences
with readtables have always ended in tears as somehow my repl, emacs
buffer, and compiler readtables have ended up going in different
directions....

best,