[Openmcl-devel] ccl manual (was Re: trace on recursive functions)

Tom Emerson tremerson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 11:20:26 PST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 2:11 PM, R. Matthew Emerson <rme at clozure.com> wrote:

> The manual is in DocBook, and it is rather painful to edit (at least for me it is).  Emacs's nXML mode keeps me from producing invalid structure, but still, DocBook is big and complicated.

Is there a compelling reason to keep the manual in DocBook?

Not only is it painful to edit, setting up the tool chain to build the
documentation can be a RPITA. Is there interest in moving to another
system? I'd be interested in helping with such a transition. As an
example, LaTeX is (IMHO) easier to deal with in the large, has
excellent pre-packaged distributions on multiple platforms, and
excellent support in Emacs.

    -tree

--
Tom Emerson