[Openmcl-devel] ccl manual (was Re: trace on recursive functions)

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Mon Dec 14 13:50:29 PST 2009

On 14 Dec 2009, at 18:48, Ron Garret wrote:

> If we're not going to take advantage of Lisp's unique features to
> solve our own problems how are we ever going to convince anyone else
> that Lisp can solve their problems?  What are we even doing here?

While I don't agree with the specific details of what you're
recommending, I do agree with the sentiment expressed here: unless
there are compeillingly-good alternatives (or even alternatives-that-
don't-suck) it might well be worth considering a lisp-based tool.  I
don't know the state of the art now, but there certainly were no
alternatives which did not suck (or were not prohibitively expensive)
a few years ago.