[Openmcl-devel] invitation to stress test anticipatory symbol completion for CCL

Alexander Repenning ralex at cs.colorado.edu
Mon Jan 5 22:44:32 PST 2009

Ralph,

confirmed. Thanks for the feedback. Must be some kind of
initialization issue. I wonder what is different about the regular
Hemlock buffer and the Listener that could cause such an issue.

The no crash report is still a bit of a mystery to me. Has anybody
figured out to enable crash reports with CCL? CCL in general seems to
be behave pretty well but the Objective-C memory management can result
in crashes that are hard to track. Will have to do some digging.

thanks again,  Alex

On Jan 3, 2009, at 12:44 PM, Raffael Cavallaro wrote:

> Alex,
>
> I really like this facility, thanks very much for sharing it with the
> CCL community. Not having to constantly type meta-slash is nice.
>
> Unfortunately, under CCL 1.2-r11572M if I compile-load this and then
> open a Listener, as soon as I type anything that triggers the symbol-
> completion process CCL crashes. This is repeatable. Console message:
>
> Jan  3 14:07:34 rafbookpro com.apple.launchd[159]
> ([0x0-0x92c92c].com.clozure.Clozure CL[57877]): Exited with exit code:
> 255
>
> No .crash file in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/
>
> The workaround I've found is to always open some other hemlock buffer
> after loading anticipatory-symbol-completion before attempting to open
> a new listener which will use this facility.

Prof. Alexander Repenning

University of Colorado
Computer Science Department
Boulder, CO 80309-430