[Openmcl-devel] CCL on Linux x86: no output on launch

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Mon Jan 12 14:59:11 PST 2009

On Jan 12, 2009, at 5:16 PM, sblist at me.com wrote:

> I'm experiencing strange behavior from CCL on Linux x86. When
> invoking it in the normal way (ccl/scripts/ccl) as well as directly
> (./lx86cl lx86cl.image) I receive no output from the application. It
> does not respond to ^C or ^D, nor can I execute any Lisp forms.
>
> This is svn r11533.

The following commands should get you to a working state:

% cd /path/to/ccl
% svn up
% svn revert lx86cl
% svn revert lx86cl.image
% ./lx86cl

If that works, do
? (rebuild-ccl :full t)

and that will bring you up-to-date.

If that doesn't work, I'd try checking out an entire new copy of ccl
in some other directory, and seeing if that new copy works.

If *that* doesn't work, then I'm not sure what to say.  Did the lisp
ever work for you?  Maybe some more information about your system
(hardware and software) would ring a bell...