[Openmcl-devel] Lisp User Interface LUI

Alexander Repenning ralex at cs.colorado.edu
Wed Jan 14 17:19:18 PST 2009

I can't say that I am huge fan of C++

Based on all the input so far I would conclude on the Mac side to
continue with LUI by building a shallow Cocoa wrapper on Macs (e.g.,
using generic names: details in diagram below) and building the same
class hierarchy  on Win and implementing it on top of the win32 api.
I am not sure that much is to be gained by adding a layer between win
api and Lisp. C++ as intermediate layer could be ugly and other tools
that based on scripting languages (e.g, Ruby) could be slow.

Once we have a good FFI for CCL win would it really be that hard to
access the win api directly?

not sure this diagram makes sense out of context:

instead of

Prof. Alexander Repenning

University of Colorado
Computer Science Department