[Openmcl-devel] NSView setWantsLayer undefined?

Neil Baylis neil.baylis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 09:16:57 PDT 2009

It seems that the NSView function "setWantsLayer" is undefined.

For example, I tried to call it on the view created in Ron's scribble
application:

(defun make-scribble-window ()
   (let ((w (make-ns-window 300 300 "Scribble"))
         (v (make-instance 'scribble-view)))
     (#/setWantsLayer: v #$YES)
     (#/setAlphaValue: v 0.5)
     (#/setContentView: w v)
     w))

and got this for my trouble:

 > Error: Undefined function NEXTSTEP-FUNCTIONS:|setWantsLayer:|
called with arguments (#<SCRIBBLE-VIEW <ScribbleView: 0x3b2ae80>
(#x3B2AE80)> 1) .
 > While executing: MAKE-SCRIBBLE-WINDOW, in process Listener(6).

Apropos reveals the following:

CL-USER>  (apropos "setAlphaValue")
NEXTSTEP-FUNCTIONS:|setAlphaValue:|, Def: CCL::OBJC-DISPATCH-FUNCTION
CL-USER> (apropos "setWantsLayer")
NEXTSTEP-FUNCTIONS:|setWantsLayer:|

Any idea what's going on here?

Neil