[Openmcl-devel] NSView setWantsLayer undefined?

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Fri Jul 3 10:17:13 PDT 2009

On Jul 3, 2009, at 12:16 PM, Neil Baylis wrote:

> It seems that the NSView function "setWantsLayer" is undefined.

I see that you're using a 32-bit lisp

#/setWantsLayer: is available on Mac OS X 10.5 and later.  For
backward compatibility reasons, we supply Tiger-derived interface
databases with the 32-bit ports, and those interfaces (obviously)
don't contain the new-with-Leopard stuff.

I think it may be the case that Leopard-derived interfaces would still
work (for some value of work) on Tiger systems, and I think we'd like
to see Leopard interfaces for all Darwin ports in CCL 1.4.

(There's a ticket for this at http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/ticket/481.)

Can you use the 64-bit lisp?  It uses Leopard interfaces, so those
methods will be present.

If not, send me private mail, and I'll see about getting you Leopard
interfaces for Cocoa for x8632.