[Openmcl-devel] Anyone using flexi-streams and/or Drakma?

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Jul 13 20:03:11 PDT 2009

Ron Garret wrote:
> On Jul 13, 2009, at 5:33 PM, R. Matthew Emerson wrote:
>

>> On Jul 13, 2009, at 6:56 PM, Ron Garret wrote:
>>
>>> Subject line says it all.  Drakma isn't working, apparently because
>>> of
>>> some kind of bad interaction between flexi-streams or one of its
>>> dependents with the CCL stream system.  Though I'd ask if anyone has
>>> been down this rabbit hole before me.
>> It seems to be working on my local Darwin/x86-64 system.  I'm
>> running the trunk lisp, and using drakma sources + dependencies that
>> I retrieved from http://bknr.net/svn/ediware (which now seems to be
>> empty.)
>>
>> I believe it's necessary for all of Drakma 1.0.0's dependent
>> libraries to be up-to-date.
>
> Is there a way to get ASDF to do that automagically?  I thought I had
> everything up to date.  I

Unfortunately, getting ASDF to do anything about this requires that
people encode version requirements into their system dependencies.
This, alas, is rarely done (indeed there are even a dismaying number of
ASDF systems that don't set the :version flag, or do so in a way that
ASDF's version-satisfies won't process).

Best,