[Openmcl-devel] Is it just me, or is the return key all messed up?

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue Jul 14 05:33:08 PDT 2009

You modified your copy of ../easygui/views.lisp, then did an 'svn update'.
SVN couldn't reconcile your changes to this file with changes in the
repository copy, so it announced that there were conflicting changes
(by printing the line with a status marker of "C"); see
<http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/wiki/UpdatingFromSource>)
and included both your changes and the repository version's in your
working copy (surrounded by ==========, <<<<<<<<< , >>>>>>>>, and
other markers.)  Those "other markers" are intended to help someone
manually merge a few sets of changes; they aren't intended to be
syntactically valid lisp (or valid anything else.)

If you want to have svn discard your changes and use the repository
version, you can do:

$ svn revert /Users/cvandusen/bin/ccl/examples/cocoa/easygui/views.lisp

If you want to keep your local changes, you can edit the file and manually
resolve the conflicting parts, then do:

$ svn resolved /path/to/file

to tell svn that the conflicts have been resolved.

Versions 1.5 and later of svn have other options that can take effect
when a file's been modified locally and also changed on the server.

Seeing complaints about ===== and >>>>> and <<<<< strongly suggest that
a local change is in conflict with something changed in the repository
and that 'svn revert' or 'svn resolved' will be necessary.