[Openmcl-devel] How do I find the revision number that I'm running?

Ron Garret ron at awun.net
Wed Jul 22 00:59:50 PDT 2009

On Jul 22, 2009, at 12:44 AM, Gary Byers wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jul 2009, Ron Garret wrote:
>
>> Once upon a time the trunk would display its version number in its
>> banner message.  Now it just says "Version 1.4-dev".  How do I
>> figure out which version I'm running? 'svn status' doesn't do it.
>
> When you built the lisp, the "svnversion" program couldn't be found on
> your search path or generated an error; I don't know which or why.
> The lisp hasn't changed.

Aha!

[ron at mickey:~/devel/ccl/active]$ svnversion
svn: This client is too old to work with working copy '.'; please get
a newer Subversion client

But...

[ron at mickey:~/devel/ccl/active]$ svn --version
svn, version 1.6.3 (r38063)
    compiled Jun 23 2009, 16:38:16

Now I remember why I hate subversion.

>> BTW, CCL seems to have lost its unicode awareness in the latest
>> version:
>
> Either that, or you accidentally inserted a control character before
> or
> after the lambda.  (NAME-CHAR of a string of length 1 is the 0th
> element
> of the string in CCL; the error suggests that NAME-CHAR tried to find
> a character named by a longer string.)

This was working correctly one revision ago.  Did the default encoding
change perhaps?

? (setf s "λ")
"λ"
? (length s)
2
? (elt s 0)
#\Latin_Capital_Letter_I_With_Circumflex
? (elt s 1)
#\Right-Pointing_Double_Angle_Quotation_Mark
?

On my display, the string s contains only one character: a lower-case
Greek lambda, unicode code point 03bb.

rg