[Openmcl-devel] How do I find the revision number that I'm running?

Ron Garret ron at awun.net
Wed Jul 22 08:59:08 PDT 2009

On Jul 22, 2009, at 7:19 AM, Christian Lynbech wrote:

>>> When you built the lisp, the "svnversion" program couldn't be
>>> found on
>>> your search path or generated an error; I don't know which or why.
>>> The lisp hasn't changed.
>>>

> Ron> Aha!
>
> Ron> [ron at mickey:~/devel/ccl/active]$ svnversion
> Ron> svn: This client is too old to work with working copy '.';
> please get
> Ron> a newer Subversion client
>
> Ron> But...
>
> Ron> [ron at mickey:~/devel/ccl/active]$ svn --version
> Ron> svn, version 1.6.3 (r38063)
> Ron>     compiled Jun 23 2009, 16:38:16
>
> What does "svnversion --version" say to you? If "svn" works,
> "svnversion" should as well, I think, and 1.6.3 is (at least close) to
> the bleeding edge.

I actually had the correct version installed, but also a stale version
that was shadowing the correct one.  I got rid of the stale one and it
works now.  I was not even aware of the existence of svnversion before
this.  The concealed wisdom of making svnversion a separate binary
instead of an svn command continues to elude me.

rg