[Openmcl-devel] IDE nits

Doug Currie dcurrie at parasimtech.com
Thu Jul 30 15:18:18 PDT 2009

using Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.4-dev-r12474M-trunk...

The IDE is much improved; thank you to the contributors.

A couple nits:

1. Using the IDE "Check for Updates..." menu item seemed to hang -- is
there no timeout? I traced it to CCL using the svn program in /usr/bin
rather than the newer version I'd installed in /usr/local/bin. Adding
this to my ccl-init.lisp fixed it for me:

(setenv "PATH" (concatenate 'string "/usr/local/bin/:" (getenv "PATH")))

2. Using incremental search (C-s) extend by word (C-w) command with
the insert point in front of, e.g., "*code-to-keysym* (make-hash-
table" the first C-w selects "*code" the second C-w selects "*code-to"
and the third C-w selects "*code-to-keysym" whereas I would have
expected "*code-to-keysym*"; the next C-w selects "*code-to-keysym*
(make" which would have been fine if the third C-w did what I
expected. Maybe there is an incremental search command to move forward
a lisp form (like C-M-f) that I am overlooking?