[Openmcl-devel] Swank listener startup preference seems not to work

Neil Baylis neil.baylis at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 21:10:31 PDT 2009

I see the preference item for disabling the swank listener at launch, but it
seems not to work. If I evaluate (require :cocoa) it always launches a new
listener. When I do this from emacs/slime, I get a whole bunch of name
conflicts for swank items.
I'm using ccl Version 1.4-dev-r12199M-trunk which I got from SVN tonight.
(Leopard/Intel).

I'm assuming that if I successfully disable the swank listener startup, then
I will stop seeing the swank name conflicts in emacs/slime. Maybe there's a
simpler way to avoid them, in which case I'm all ears.

Oh yeah, I'm attempting to set the preference while running the temp
bundle32 application that launches when I evaluate (require :cocoa). Is that
the right way?

Thanks,

Neil Baylis