[Openmcl-devel] Lisp for the 21 century: how to deal with URLs

Ron Garret ron at awun.net
Sun Jun 7 23:39:53 PDT 2009

I like it!

(defun nsstr (s) (make-instance 'gui::ns-lisp-string :string s)) ;
Really ought to be built-in to CCL

(defun load-url (url)
   (let ((data (make-instance ns:ns-data
                 :with-contents-of-url (#/URLWithString: ns:ns-url
(nsstr url))))
         (filename (format nil "/tmp/~a" (gensym))))
     (#/writeToFile:atomically: data (nsstr filename) #$NO)
     (load filename)))

Implementing "save-url" is going to be trickier though :-)

rg