[Openmcl-devel] hash key on UK mac keyboards

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Fri Jun 19 01:53:02 PDT 2009

On 18 Jun 2009, at 17:35, Glen Foy wrote:

> Something like this might be what you want:
>
> (hi::defcommand "Insert Hash" (p)
>   "Insert # on a UK keyboard."
>   (let ((char #\#))
>     (if (and p (> p 1))
>       (hi::insert-string
>        (hi::current-point-for-insertion)
>        (make-string p :initial-element char))
>       (hi::insert-character (hi::current-point-for-insertion) char))))
>
> (hi::bind-key "Insert Hash" #k"control-3")

Thank you, this works.  It even brings back memories of Hemlock
definitions I once made for CMUCL.  The binding doesn't work because
the OS has grabbed that somewhere (and plain shift-3 does not get
through at all), but control-meta-3 works.  I need to find something
less painful to type, clearly.

--tim