[Openmcl-devel] Clozure CL 1.3-RC1 available

John Stoneham captnjameskirk at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 9 16:22:50 PDT 2009

> I was able to upgrade the copy of OSX server to 10.4.11 (cable modems
> are wonderful things ...).  Both the trunk and 1.3-rc1 versions of
> the lisp seem to behave as expected in that environment.

I just updated to the latest trunk and I still get my same (bizarre) behavior. BTW, I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I dual-boot Tiger and Leopard on this machine. I get the same behavior on both Tiger and Leopard, so I doubt the "Server" edition has anything to do with it. I usually boot into Tiger, so it's possible I only mentioned Tiger in this context, but I have tried it under Leopard on this same machine, and it still has the same problem.

> I'm curious about what's going on here and will try to look at it
> as time permits, but right now time doesn't permit a lot.

I do have Parallels installed (on both the Tiger and Leopard partitions), but I only run it when I need to (not very often). However, there are some Parallels kexts that are loaded during startup, so maybe this is what you were talking about. I don't know, though. I don't seem to have similar problems with any other software, so it's very confusing to me.

Thanks for looking into this anyway. It would be nice to hear from one other person with a 32-bit machine as to whether it works for them or not. Who knows, I may just have a fluke processor that's borking on some instruction it shouldn't. *shrug*