[Openmcl-devel] Maxima + Clozure on Windows

Barton Willis willisb at unk.edu
Thu Mar 26 21:46:50 UTC 2009


I'm a developer for the Maxima computer algebra system. Today I tried
compiling and running Maxima using Clozure CL + Windows XP (32bit):

The tests rtest14, rtest15, and rtest_gamma abort; the rest of the
tests pass. Deleting these three tests, the run times are: (SBCL on
Windows is experimental.)

SBCL 1.0.22 109.9 seconds,  6.105 seconds GC   9 850 167 496 bytes consed
Clozure CL  162.0 seconds, 28.063 seconds GC   3 745 442 024 bytes
allocated

Using Clozure CL, the share_testsuite reports some errors, but it finishes:

Errors found in rtest_numericalio.mac, problems: (50 52 57)
Errors found in testprintf.mac, problems: (27 54)
Error found in test_abs_integrate.mac, problem: (75)
Error found test_pochhammer.mac, problem: (29)

I used a 2.13 GHz, 2 GB RAM, Core 2 CPU. One bug that I know is

(%i1) bessel_j(3,2.0);

(%o1)                                 0.0
(%i2) build_info();

This bug shows up in the Maxima regression tests.

Maxima version: 5.17post
Maxima build date: 13:56 3/26/2009
host type: @host@
lisp-implementation-type: Clozure Common Lisp
lisp-implementation-version: Version 1.3-dev-r11537M-trunk  (WindowsX8632)

Let me know if you have questions; thanks for making Clozure CL run under
XP.

Barton Willis
Professor of Mathematics
University of Nebraska at Kearney




More information about the Openmcl-devel mailing list