[Openmcl-devel] (#_ _exit 0) on triple EOD

Leslie P. Polzer sky at viridian-project.de
Mon May 11 00:37:36 PDT 2009

R. Matthew Emerson wrote:

> If you like to use ^D as a way to quit the lisp, you can do that by
> setting ccl:*quit-on-eof* to T in your ccl-init.lisp file.

Yes, I am aware of that tweak switch; however this time I'm more
concerned about the reliability of exit hooks as they are used
in two of the libraries I'm working on.

> The "quit on triple eof" is there to try to keep this lisp from going
> berserk in certain circumstances;  see
>
> http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/changeset/11594

But why does it have to use _exit?

Or, as an alternative approach: can't the IDE set *quit-on-eof*
to NIL, with the default being T?

  Leslie

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/polzer