[Openmcl-devel] wx86cl on international systems

dherring at tentpost.com dherring at tentpost.com
Tue May 12 05:32:17 PDT 2009

FWIW, clozure is very unhappy if installed in a path containing non-ascii
characters.

In cmd.exe, I cd to c:\cclㅁ (c:\cclM where M is the square Korean
character; any Korean characters in the path have this effect) and run
C:\cclㅁ>wx86cl.exe > log.txt

The head of log.txt follows, with a very large number of recursive-lock
errors elided.

> Error: value NIL is not of the expected type (OR STRING PATHNAME STREAM).
> While executing: PATHNAME-DIRECTORY, in process Initial(0).
> Type :GO to continue, :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> If continued: Skip (possibly crucial) startup function
CCL::INIT-LOGICAL-DIRECTORIES.
> Type :? for other options.
> Error: value NIL is not of the expected type CCL::RECURSIVE-LOCK.
> While executing: CCL::RECURSIVE-LOCK-PTR, in process Initial(0).
> Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> Error: value NIL is not of the expected type CCL::RECURSIVE-LOCK.
> While executing: CCL::RECURSIVE-LOCK-PTR, in process Initial(0).
> Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.

This is the 1.3 release tarball running on a Korean Windows XP system.

Later,
Daniel