[Openmcl-devel] AppleScript

Terje Norderhaug terje at in-progress.com
Tue May 12 22:02:41 PDT 2009

On May 12, 2009, at 8:19 AM, Gary Byers wrote:
> There was an F-Script<->OpenMCL interface once upon a time:
>
> <http://www.clozure.com/pipermail/openmcl-devel/2003-February/
> 004561.html>
>
> There was also a way of compiling and executing AppleScript
> (without running
> an external program.)  I suspect that the stuff that I'm thinking
> about
> is what's described at:
>
> <http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Reference/
> Open_Scripti_Architecture/Reference/reference.html>
>
> I don't think that there was ever any kind of high-level interface
> to this
> in CCL (at least none that I know of), but IIRC it wasn't -that-
> bad to just
> use the FFI (for some value of "not bad".)

MCL has several contributions supporting Applescript, including
compiling and/or executing scripts from Common LISP. Perhaps these
can be ported or used as a starting point? I have several related MCL
contributions myself at <http://www.in-progress.com/src/> that makes
MCL and its application OSA scriptable and recordable by implementing
the classes and event handlers of the standard AppleEvent suites.

-- Terje Norderhaug

> On Tue, 12 May 2009, Steve Núñez wrote:
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Has anyone looked at F-Script? I discovered it while looking
>> around for ways
>> I might script this application. I don't have any experience with
>> it, but it
>> looks interesting:
>>
>>    http://www.fscript.org/
>>
>>    - Steve
>>
>> On 12/05/09 12:00 AM, "Daniel Dickison" <danieldickison at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm the author of cl-applescript, and you're right that it has been
>>> pretty much abandoned (the project I had originally wrote that
>>> library
>>> for went defunct).  However, I believe it still works if you only