[Openmcl-devel] Problems using CCL through the CGI protocol

Douglas Brunner herodoug at gmail.com
Fri May 15 02:29:17 PDT 2009

At this location (http://www.lispforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=342)
there is a discussion about the difficulties I've had when trying to
use CCL for CGI programming.

We've mostly identified it as a problem with Apache, and a solution
was found for my work computer; but now the exact same issue has
popped up on my personal computer. I'm hoping to get to the bottom of
the problem because I'd like to use this implementation.

Note: the OS on both computers are the same, but the hardware is different.

Compiling this program and saving it produces an error (Both listed
below). I can't even save the program with a prepended kernel.

:The Program

(defun test()
  (format t "Content-type: text/html~%~%")
  (format t "this is a test")0)

:The Error

> Error: value NIL is not of the expected type REAL.
> While executing: CCL::<-2, in process Initial(0).
> Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> Type :? for other options.
1 >

The other problem I have, is that just saving the image and passing it
to the kernel also produces an error.

:The program

(defun test()
  (format t "Content-type: text/html~%~%")
  (format t "this is a test")0)

(ccl:save-application "app.image")

:The error

$ /home/doug/Software/ccl/ccl -I /home/doug/trunk/htdocs/app.image
Couldn't load lisp heap image from /home/doug/trunk/htdocs/app.image

Here is a bit of info about my PC.

core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
scheduling priority             (-e) 20
pending signals                 (-i) 16382
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 64
open files                      (-n) 1024
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
real-time priority              (-r) 0
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
max user processes              (-u) unlimited

Thanks for any help