[Openmcl-devel] Hemlock clipboard bug

Ron Garret ron at awun.net
Mon May 18 14:38:19 PDT 2009

On May 18, 2009, at 1:47 PM, Andrew Shalit wrote:

> Speaking only for myself and in no official capacity, I think it's
> fine to post stuff like this here.  Getting the IDE to gel is a
> group endeavor.

Along those lines, I have found a reliable way to reproduce the
clipboard corruption problem:

1.  Open a listener.

2.  Type "12345", select and copy it

3.  Paste.  This should work.

4.  Hit delete three times.  You should have deleted "345".  Fewer
deletes don't seem to produce the problem.

5.  Paste.  This should still work, i.e. you should have pasted
"12345" again.  Your command line should now read "123451212345"

6.  Repeat steps 4 and 5.  On my machine, the contents of the
clipboard are now "5345" instead of "12345".

I'd love to know if other people are able to reproduce this.

rg