[Openmcl-devel] RFC (request for clue): where is the mouse click event handling code?

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Mon May 18 19:22:12 PDT 2009

On May 18, 2009, at 9:07 PM, Ron Garret wrote:

> Subject line pretty much says it all.  I want to try to fix the
> Hemlock double-click-doesn't-work-at-end-of-buffer bug, which is
> driving me absolutely bananas, but I can't find the code that handles
> click events.  The obvious things like grepping for "click" and
> "mouse" in hemlock/src didn't lead to anything recognizable (at least
> to me) as event handling code.

There's a fix for this in the trunk, which I just merged to the 1.3
branch.

http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/changeset/11967

The IDE is currently using the Cocoa text system for handing text
display and input.  On the one hand, we get an amazing amount of stuff
"for free" by doing this.  On the other hand, it can be a real pain
trying to keep Hemlock's and Cocoa's view of things in sync...