[Openmcl-devel] Visual Bugs in the IDE

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Wed May 20 16:08:07 PDT 2009

On Wed, 20 May 2009, John McAleely wrote:

>>> I don't see this bug in 1.3-dev-r12100M-trunk  DarwinX8632 or
>>> DarwinX8664.
>>
>> I'll be darned, it does seem to have been fixed.  Now *that* is good
>> customer service!
>>
>> rg
>
> Yup!  Thank you! I also like the new look of the alt-console window :-)
>
> Is there a reason why the text in it is red, and not black like every
> other window?

Because it's not like every other window ?

AltConsole is a (small) separate application; it's supposed to provide
a primitive terminal-like interface to GUI applications that don't
ordinarily have such an interface.  If its window appears, there's
a good chance that that's because of something anomalous and that
something probably requires user or developer attention.

There might be better ways of attracting that attention than to
use red text on a white background, but trying to "blend in" isn't
really the point here ...