[Openmcl-devel] Visual Bugs in the IDE

John McAleely john at mcaleely.com
Wed May 20 16:43:59 PDT 2009

>> Is there a reason why the text in it is red, and not black like every
>> other window?
>
> Because it's not like every other window ?
>
> AltConsole is a (small) separate application; it's supposed to provide
> a primitive terminal-like interface to GUI applications that don't
> ordinarily have such an interface.  If its window appears, there's
> a good chance that that's because of something anomalous and that
> something probably requires user or developer attention.

I understand the special status of this application window, and I
empathise with the attempt to draw attention to it.

However, the text is marginally harder to read, and I fail to believe
colouring it red provides any meaningful extra information to a
developer or user. I feel it also manages to look surprisingly like
some sort of bug itself.