[Openmcl-devel] accents...

Joakim Sandgren joakim at joakimsandgren.com
Thu May 21 05:33:04 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm coming back to you with some accent behaviors...

Apropos..
If you go to Apropos... in the menu and then search for a function and
apropos finds it and then you double click on that function in the
list to go to the source code :
if that function is in a file that is not saved yet, it crashes.
if that function is in a file that is saved without .lisp at the end,
it crashes.
If that function have a accentuated letter in its name (like français)
it goes to the document but do not find the function - that is it do
not go to the function putting the cursor in the beginning of it.

Search Files...
If you use Search Files... in the menu you do not have the choise to
search non .lisp-files so that is logic.
If you search for accentuated function it - like français - the search
files... do not find anything.

alt-shift-period (find the source code command)
if I, in the call for the function "français" put the cursor after the
ç, I have "No known definitions for AIS"
if I, in the call for the function "français" put the cursor before
the ç, I have "No known definitions for FRAN"

Search Files... Window
And, when I choose the search files.. in the menu, the first time I
have to klick in the window to make it active to start to use it.
After that the window is active when it comes up.

Apropos...
If I go to Apropos... in the menu, this window Is active when it comes
up -
if I search for a function that is not yet evaluated, the apropos...
do not find anything (normal)
if I then do evaluate that function and then go to apropos...,
apropos... Still do not find anything...

Inspector
The Inspector window is everytime it is called for Not active then it
shows. You always have to click in it to start to use it.
Is it very complicated to implement some arrow commands to be able to
navigate in the inspector without the mouse?

Listener
Is it very complicated to be able to fix a position for a Listener
Window?

I also think that in a vague and lointain future it could be good to
simply put inspector window fonts, positions and font size etc in the
preferences...
The same for Listener window and its position and the normal windows
default positions
And perhaps be able to chose to stack next window or Not...

the functions I used:

(defun français ()
   (print 'français))

(français)

(defun french ()
   (print 'french))

(french)

I Thank You all very much for all the fixes that has been done so
far.!!!

Very Sincerely

Joakim

Joakim Sandgren