[Openmcl-devel] bug reports and suggestions

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Thu May 21 18:34:29 PDT 2009

I encourage everyone to consider creating Trac tickets for bugs and
feature suggestions.

I know it's extra bother, but it's easy (at least for me) to lose
track of issues reported or good suggestions made in mail, especially
at times when there's greater than usual activity on the mailing list.

If you don't have a Trac login, you'll need to register in order to
create tickets.  To register, go to http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/
and click on the "Register" link.  (It's on the top-right corner of
the page, right under the "Search" button.)  If you supply your email
address, you'll be notified when tickets you originate or comment on
are updated.

There's no confirmation email process (for now, anyway).  After
filling out the registration form, just click the "Login" link to log
in, and then click on "New Ticket".

If you think something might warrant a ticket but aren't completely
sure, please go ahead and create the ticket anyway.  It's no big deal
to resolve the ticket as "invalid" or "duplicate" or whatever.  If
you're willing to search the existing tickets for your bug or
enhancement request before creating a new one, so much the better.
Feel free to add comments onto existing tickets if you think that
would be helpful.

(A Trac tip:  the timeline view at http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/timeline
  is available as an RSS feed, if you want to the gory details of
every commit.  Scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you'll
see an "RSS Feed" link.)