[Openmcl-devel] CXML

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Thu May 21 23:59:16 PDT 2009

Quoting Steve N??ez (steve.nunez at illation.com.sg):
> /Users/nunez/.asdf-install-dir/site/cxml-2008-11-30/cxml.asd into #<Package
> "ASDF0">
> > Error: :VERSION is an invalid initarg to INITIALIZE-INSTANCE for
> #<STANDARD-CLASS MISSING-DEPENDENCY>.
> >        Valid initargs: (:REQUIRES :PARENT :REQUIRED-BY).
> > While executing: CCL::CHECK-INITARGS, in process listener(1).
> > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> > Type :? for other options.

This is a compatibility issue between CCL's version of ASDF, and a hack
in cxml.asd that tries to make it work with asdf-install.

The solution is to install cxml's dependency closure-common explicitly
before installing cxml.

Alternatively, don't use asdf-install in the first place (use clbuild or
download cxml's dependencies manually).

It would probably also work to grab a recent copy of ASDF from SBCL CVS
or CCLAN CVS and drop it into tools/, but I haven't tested that.

The answer to your original question is that CXML and its add-ons
CXML-STP, closure-common, and Closure HTML should work on CCL 1.3.

Its add-ons CXML-RNG, Plexippus XPath, and Xuriella XSLT don't work on
CCL at this point.

d.