[Openmcl-devel] Simple Agent-based Engine 0.2

Neil Baylis neil.baylis at gmail.com
Fri May 29 22:30:35 PDT 2009

> OK, this thing is really cool. You've been burning the midnight oil ;- I
downloaded it a week or so back, and it was crashing and burning. Today it
seems much more solid, all the demos seemed to work properly.

This comes at a good time for me, as I'm just getting ready to start a new
project. Really it only requires 2d graphics (I was planning to use Quartz
2d) but you've made the 3D very easy. I could probably do it with 3D without
too much trouble. It's an application that places colored tiles from a
collection into an on-screen rectangle, subject to constraints.

Questions:
Is there documentation, or do I just need to read the code in the source &
examples?
Is full-screen supported?
Is Quartz 2D supported? (Quartz provides antialiased graphics on my Mac, but
OpenGL does not)
Can I use it with Emacs & Slime, or must I use the embedded IDE?

(I hope the answers to these are 'yes', but none is a show stopper for me).

Thanks for making this available,

Neil Baylis