[Openmcl-devel] Cocoa IDE support on Tiger

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Fri May 29 22:50:56 PDT 2009

On May 29, 2009, at 2:30 AM, Alexander Repenning wrote:

> That would be fine with me but we work on educational software.
> Quite often schools are 1-2 versions, i.e., now using 10.4 and 10.3
> behind.
>
> What kinds of features are you thinking of?

The major thing I was thinking about is Core Text.

There are also some visual glitches when trying to use newer controls
on Tiger;  if you look at the xapropos dialog from the Experiments
menu on both Leopard and Tiger, you'll see what I mean:  the arrow on
the action button is in the wrong place, and the recessed buttons clip
their content.

It's possible to work around those glitches, but it takes extra effort.

I also have my eye on NSRuleEditor and enhancements to NSTableView and
NSOutlineView.