[Openmcl-devel] Profiling lisp code

Alexander Repenning ralex at cs.colorado.edu
Wed Nov 18 09:25:19 PST 2009

to get the time of a compiled form try this:

http://code.google.com/p/xmlisp/source/browse/trunk/XMLisp/sources/IDE/specific/Mac%20CCL/ns%20Timer.lisp

gives you nano seconds resolution. This is not a profiler but a good instrument to track down time hogs

alex

On Nov 18, 2009, at 10:17 AM, Hans Hübner wrote:

> A simple, deterministic profiler built on the ADVICE facility is
> included with CCL in the tools/advice-profiler/ directory.  It can be
> loaded using asdf and integrates with the profiling facility of Slime.
> Unfortunately, I have never come around to write documentation for
> it.  There is documentation for the system-level statistical profiling
> tools on Linux and Mac OS in the CCL manual:
> http://ccl.clozure.com/ccl-documentation.html#Profiling
>
> -Hans

Prof. Alexander Repenning

University of Colorado