[Openmcl-devel] Profiling lisp code

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 00:28:19 PST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 09:16, Tobias C. Rittweiler <tcr at freebits.de> wrote:
> Hans Hübner <hans.huebner at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> A simple, deterministic profiler built on the ADVICE facility is
>> included with CCL in the tools/advice-profiler/ directory.  It can be
>> loaded using asdf and integrates with the profiling facility of Slime.
>
> Does it really integrate? How? Could the stuff not be loaded on demand
> from CCL's swank backend?

The issue with the profiler is that it needs to load and run code at
Lisp startup time, before application threads are started.  CCL does
not have any option to do this by default, so the profiler startup
code must be run from ccl-init.lisp.  If that has been done, I think
it interacts properly with Slime's profiler interface, but I have not
tried that in a while.

-Hans