[Openmcl-devel] Tracing

Taoufik Dachraoui taoufik.dachraoui at wanadoo.fr
Thu Nov 19 12:35:11 PST 2009

Dear,

For testing purposes I tried to trace VALUES and the trace looped for
ever;
what can we trace?

? (trace values)
NIL
? (values 2)
                                        29072> Calling (VALUES 2)
                                        <29072 VALUES returned 2
                                        29073> Calling (VALUES 2)
                                        <29073 VALUES returned 2
                                        29074> Calling (VALUES
 > Error: Stack overflow on value stack.
 > While executing: %IOBLOCK-UNENCODED-WRITE-SIMPLE-STRING, in process
listener(1).
 > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
 > Type :? for other options.
1 > :pop

? (fboundp 'values)
#<Compiled-function (TRACED VALUES) (Non-Global)  #x90705C6>
? (untrace)
(VALUES)
? (fboundp 'values)
#<Compiled-function VALUES #x800C226>
?

I determined (I may be wrong) from lib/encapsulate.lisp that symbols
are checked with
ccl::%encapsulation-thing to see if they can be traced, is this
correct? if not how do we
know which function (or method) we can trace.

Kind regards
Taoufik