[Openmcl-devel] Clozure CL 1.4-RC1 binaries available for testing

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Sat Oct 17 16:09:55 PDT 2009

On Oct 17, 2009, at 9:21 AM, Glen Foy wrote:

> On Oct 16, 2009, at 8:18 PM, R. Matthew Emerson wrote:
>
>> A pre-release version of Clozure CL 1.4 is now available for testing.
>
> On a G4 Powerbook, MacOSX 10.5.6:
>
> K9: ./dppccl
> Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.4-RC1-r13031  (DarwinPPC32)!
> ? (ccl:rebuild-ccl :full t)
> Rebuilding Clozure Common Lisp using Version 1.4-RC1-r13031
> (DarwinPPC32)
> > Error: Invalid pathname : "ccl:".
> > While executing: CWD, in process listener(1).
> > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> > Type :? for other options.
> 1 >

Hmm.  It does seem to work for me on two different systems after doing
a fresh checkout with

svn co http://svn.clozure.com/publicsvn/openmcl/release/1.4/darwinppc/ccl
  ccl-1.4

Every so often someone runs into an issue like this, where the ccl:
logical host doesn't get set up correctly.  I never can remember what
the problem ends up being.