[Openmcl-devel] Contrib: syntax-styling

Glen Foy lisp at clairvaux.org
Tue Oct 20 08:52:34 PDT 2009

On Oct 19, 2009, at 1:03 PM, Alexander Repenning wrote:

> Nice work, I like it.
>
> Even with the limited temp text attributes could you add bold and
> italics?

Bold and Italics, unfortuantely, require a recalculation of the
layout.  That, as I understand it, is why you can't use them with
temporary attributes.  Hopefully Clozure will deliver on their promise
of full font support.  When that might happen is anyone's guess.  I
doubt it is much of a priority.

> At the moment it does not work well with anticipatory-symbol-
> completion. Is there I method that I would have to call when
> inserting a completion to trigger colorization?

I want it to work with your symbol-completion code.  Let me try a few
things and I'll get back to you.

-- Glen