[Openmcl-devel] Problems with openMCL slime and Aquamacs (Mac OS X)

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Fri Oct 23 12:37:09 PDT 2009

On Oct 23, 2009, at 11:12 AM, Philippe Sismondi wrote:

> I am running OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. I re-installed all relevant
> pieces (Aquamacs, slime, and openMCL/ccl today to make sure I am up to
> date. This did not help. I get the same problems whether I use 32- or
> 64-bit versions of ccl.
>

> I have this version of ccl/openmcl:
>
> 	ccl: Version 1.3-r11936

That's the original 1.3 release binary, which is about 6 months old.
It's probably worthwhile to update your lisp;  there's no guarantee
that this will solve your problem, but it's one less thing to worry
about.

Try running "svn up" inside your ccl directory, and then start up ccl
and evaluate (rebuild-ccl :full t).

Since you're on 10.6, please ensure that you have the optional Xcode
10.4 support installed.  (You might need to re-run the Xcode installer
to do this.)

See also http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/wiki/UpdatingFromSource

As an alternative, you could try using the CCL 1.4 pre-release.  See http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/wiki/ReleaseNotes/1.4
  for instructions on how to install that.