[Openmcl-devel] Problems with openMCL slime and Aquamacs (Mac OS X)

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Sat Oct 24 00:31:30 PDT 2009

Philippe Sismondi <psismondi at arqux.com> writes:

> I should emphasize that the problem is intermittent, from which I
> infer that any of ccl, slime, and asdf or some combination may still
> be the culprit(s). What I mean is, for example, loading asdf in raw
> ccl (without emacs+slime) does not prove that it's not asdf, since
> sometimes asdf loads fine when using emacs+slime+ccl. And so forth....

Given that it's non-deterministic, there's the possibility that the
cache clobbering Gary talked about may be due to multiple accesses from
threads.

Could you try putting (setf swank:*communication-style* nil) into your
~/.swank.lisp (which makes Slime not use threads), and see if you can
reproduce the problem?

  -T.