[Openmcl-devel] CCL startup script (ccl & ccl64) is not Bourne Shell compatible

Aleksej Saushev asau at inbox.ru
Wed Oct 28 15:16:57 PDT 2009

Tim Bradshaw <tfb at tfeb.org> writes:

> On 28 Oct 2009, at 21:13, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
>
>> Well... If you don't know your target system, you may be unpleasantly
>> surprised at some point. That's with usage of both "#!/usr/bin/env"
>> and
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> Indeed.  The aim is to get as few surprises as possible while ensuring
> stuff works with as little hassle as possible, and you have a chance
> in hell of getting it through audit.

I'm not sure how you want to audit that except by checking that your
scripts have fixed interpreter and executables find all necessary
libraries with empty LD_LIBRARY_PATH. While LD_LIBRARY_PATH is quite
rarely used (unless you really have a fellow developer who like it),
PATH is rather unpredictable.

--
HE CE3OH...